6 July 2018
So, after working for months on the Custodes – I wanted to pain a small and not top notch project. And honestly, I think it turned out pretty well : ) This will not be a long post, as there is not much to say about the paint-job, nonetheless I think it is worth to check out!
The mini itself is a conversion (as per the previous post ). The body is based on an old Rakham model. Although, I really liked the sculpt, it was cast badly – to the point the helmet would need to be rebuilt. Hence, I decided to try something else. The head is a standard head from the KD:M set – nothing special was done with it. The helmet was removed, and I drilled a suitable hole for the new one. Furthermore, I also removed the markings on the cloak.
Everything was then painted with a Valleyo Primer.
The whole thing was painted in less than 10 hours.
As for the hair it was done with Mars Orange mixed with Flat Black (both by Scale75). Highlights were done by adding more Mars Orange and Linen White. Finally – there were some glazes with Chestnut Brown (by Reaper Miniatures).
Hope you like this one! Anyway, the next model I will paint will be the Black Gobo.